Enko discovers and develops sustainable solutions for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease. It’s proprietary discovery platform represents a revolutionary approach to rapidly discover novel, safe and economical solutions that are needed to ensure efficient food production. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs and ag-industry veterans, Enko uses innovative science and agile design principles to rapidly develop field-ready crop protection solutions that overcome the rising resistance barriers traditional pesticides face.
Enko team members will be entitled to participate in Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and other similar fringe benefit plans.
See our open positions below, and send your current CV in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease. Our proprietary technology platform represents a revolutionary approach to rapidly discover safe and economical solutions that are needed to ensure sustainable food production. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs and ag-industry veterans, Enko’s innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing the industry.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Research Assistant is responsible for protein expression and purification with a focus on results delivery and scientific excellence. The successful candidate will contribute to protein production activities in support of target-based, lead discovery and optimization programs, and will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment. They will have an opportunity to help establish a culture that nurtures scientific excellence, a sense of urgency to achieve project success, and success built on collaboration and personal accountability.
Major responsibilities include:
• Expression, purification, QC and inventory management of high-quality target proteins to support discovery, characterization, advancement and optimization of products across the Enko R&D pipeline.
• Produce, ensure quality, deliver, and maintain stocks of purified proteins and associated reagents including expression constructs and cell lines.
• Strengthen expertise in molecular biology and cell culture, and protein production, purification, and characterization with hands-on work and preparation of SOPs.
• Provide and maintain documentation records of work and registration of reagents in company electronic notebook system and databases.
• Assist with managing protein production projects both internally and through CROs including tech transfer and support, domestic and international shipments, and courier deliveries.
• Collaboration with a diverse team of scientists to identify and validate targets and optimize lead chemistries creating a pipeline of product candidates.
• Collaborate to develop an integrated strategy for discovering and developing novel crop protection chemistries.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years of academic or industry experience with construct design, expressing, purifying, and characterizing enzymes or other proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and/or mammalian platforms.
• Demonstrated proficiency in experimental design and execution, data analysis, record keeping and data-driven decision making.
• Excellent written and oral communication and ability to learn and manage essential technical capabilities and capacities effectively with minimal direct authorities.
• Desire and ability to excel in a multidisciplinary environment; open-minded and capable of receiving feedback.
Please send your current CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Enko Chem is a venture-backed start-up in the Mystic, CT area committed to addressing the needs of a growing world population by advancing the discovery and development of new crop protection chemistries. We have a team of scientists who collaborate internally and externally to move discoveries from the laboratory to the field. We are actively looking for an individual with a background in a relevant biological discipline to join a team that characterizes novel small molecules for their effectiveness in controlling agronomically important pests.
Major responsibilities will include:
• Conduct bioassays to test the effect of novel small molecules including compound preparation, test setup, and troubleshooting of routine problems
• Record data in enterprise systems, analyze data and communicate results to team members via presentations and technical reports
• Utilize liquid handling equipment to improve assay quality and workgroup productivity
• Integrate laboratory data collection with our internal data systems
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to reliably implement bioassays and effectively communicate results. They will have demonstrated a strong work ethic, an ability to independently plan and execute their work and an ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Qualifications and Skills
• BS in Biology or a biological sciences-related discipline
• 1-2 years research experience working in a laboratory or greenhouse environment is desired
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage work processes within the stipulated time
• Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Special consideration will be given to candidates with training and experience in plant biology, plant pathology, entomology or nematology.
• Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience with liquid handling robotics and / or process optimization
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working closely with the Discovery team to design safe and efficacious molecules; Consultants, collaborators, and others identified as instrumental to product discovery and development; and the Enko Scientific Advisory Board, providing timely information for decision making
Incorporating computational tools in the design of molecules. Such tools would include, but are not limited to, structure-activity relationships (OECD Toolbox, etc.), in silico identification of potential human and ecological toxicological issues, molecular docking models, and advanced capability to implement predictive human and environmental modeling
Employ and interpret early-phase product safety screening assays to evaluate and select compounds for development. Screening assays will cover both human and environmental risk
Coordinate the development of post-screening de-risking strategies that help lead to the design, selection, and advancement of safe and efficacious compounds
Identify optimal Contract Research Organizations and other collaborators for study placement. Coordinate and manage protocol development, study conduct, delivery of data, and interpretation of results
PhD in toxicology, pharmacology, or related field and a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the field of human and/or ecological toxicology
An understanding of and experience with global regulatory data requirements
Demonstrated experience in informatics and/or insilico modeling. For example, predictive toxicity software, genomics/transcriptomics, with an emphasis on extracting, compiling, and analyzing complex data sets for building QSAR/machine learning models
Experience with designing and placing studies with CROs or other collaborators, with an ability to influence and arbitrate the quick resolution of issues, ensuring on-time delivery of results and reports
Ability to work well within a diverse team and to think strategically
Effective management of a wide range of tasks, responding in a timely manner and adjusting and reacting quickly to changing priorities in a variety of situations
Effective communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills